Just as Artemis did last year Quantum Racing added the TP52 world title to their Audi MedCup title they clinched in September in Portugal.
The American boat helmed by Terry Hutchinson won the world title after a week of tough racing in Puerto Calero.
Mutua Madrileña took second place overall with a strong performance. The score table gives a perfect image of the tight nature of the TP52 fleet.
Platoon grabbed 3rd place overall from Torbjorn Tornqvist's Artemis, double 2007 champion, at the last downwind leg of the Championship's last race resulting in a mere 0.25 margin.
Final Overall Standings (After 11 Races)
1. Quantum (USA), Terry Hutchinson, 45.00 points
2. Mutua Madrilena (CHI), Vasco Vascotto, 61.00
3. Platoon (GER), Jochen Schuemann, 65.00
4. Artemis (SWE), Torbjorn Tornqvist, 65.25
5. Matador (ARG), Alberto Roemmers, 71.25
6. Synergy (RUS), Sergey Pichugin, 74.50
7. Desafio (ESP), Paul Cayard, 79.25
8. Bribon (ESP), Dean Barker, 82.50
9. Audi Q8 (ITA), Riccardo Simoneschi, 95.00
10. Valars (RUS), Sergey Chetvtsov, 98.25
11. Bigamist 6 (POR), Alfonso Domingos, 102.50
12. Cristabella (GBR), Roberto BermÃ¯Â¿Â½dez de Castro, 107.00
13. TAU Andalucia (ESP), Jose Maria Torcida, 112.50
14. Fram XIV (NOR), Kell Arne Myrann, 153.25